Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Those Crazy Pregnancy Dreams

I remember an episode of "Roseanne" when Jackie was pregnant where she's complaining to Roseanne that she's having nightmares about putting the baby down and forgetting where she put it. Roseanne's response was something like "Oh, Jackie, everyone knows you just take the banana out of the dragon's mouth and peel it until it turns into the baby."
I have a friend online who had a crazy one that she wanted to know the gender of the baby really bad so she took it out look, but it was still in the sac so she decided to put it in the microwave! When the baby came out of the microwave red and splotchy she took it to the hospital. Gruesome, but that’s the kind of thing that totally makes sense in a dream.
My dreams haven't been what I thought they'd be. None about putting the baby down and not being able to find it or the baby coming out deformed.
I had the first one around 10 or 11 weeks I think. I dreamt that I had given birth and come home from the hospital, but when I went into the kitchen to get the baby a bottle it aged 3 months. I came out to find a 3month old sitting on the couch and started crying hysterically. A little while after that one I had the extreme version of that. I dreamt I was still in the hospital and after giving birth I went to the bathroom. When I came out of the bathroom the baby I'd just delivered was a teenager. All the other moms had little newborns and mine was already 16.
Those were stressful, but not totally nightmarish. At 17 weeks I had to have a test to see how much the precancerous cells in my cervix had spread (a colposcopy) after two years of dealing with them and a procedure to get rid of them. Obviously being pregnant was causing me to be even more anxious about the whole situation. Well the night before the procedure I dreamt that I was very pregnant and working in a lab. We were experimenting on spiders and they told me to take a vial of eggs home and put them somewhere to hatch. I put them on the back of the toilet in my dad's house for some reason and when they hatched I brought them back to the lab. The people there then told me the spiders needed a host and held me down while the spiders attached themselves to my leg. I was screaming and crying the whole time. I told them they were going to hurt the baby and they hooked my up to a machine and sure enough some of the spiders were burrowing towards my abdomen. I woke up screaming from that one.
Weird, stuff. But nothung like the ones I've read about. I think as I get further along and there's more anxiety about the actual delivery they'll be alot more. For now I've had a couple short dreams about being on Labor and Delivery unit, but no actual labor dreams yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment