Tuesday, August 4, 2009

It Was Like Christmas, Only Dustier

So, Mike had been telling me that he had saved some of Isaac's baby things and that he would check the attic to see what was up there. Judging by the destroyed stroller in the backyard and some of the cat pee stained baby clothes I had discovered in the laundry room I wasn't too hopeful about there being very much in good condition up there. The only thing he knew for sure he had was Isaac's white metal crib, which we'd already decided we’d send over to my dad's as a back up.  The rest was a mystery, but he thought he might have a baby swing.
A couple days ago he checked and there was the crib, a bouncer chair and a baby swing. The swing was by far the most exciting. For those of you who don't know they no longer make wind-up baby swings they're all battery operated now. All of my friends with babies complain about having to buy a pack of C batteries a week to keep the swings moving. So, aside from needing a cleaning and some new fabric we had our very own functional wind-up swing. Hurray! I was worried we wouldn't have one before the baby came. It had some blue teddy bear fabric and Michael used some great blue fabric with multicolored dragonflies I got from Joanne's to recover it. It looks really cute. I'll post pictures tonight.
The bouncer chair was pretty gross, but we were able to clean it and after some tweeking it was functional. Not long after we got a nicer hand-me-down bouncer chair so the one from the attic is destined for consignment, yay credit.
Michael also finished sewing the crib bumpers using this awesome yellow fabric with pink and purple dragonflies on it I found. They look amazing and we also got some crib sheets with our Target gift cards so the crib bedding is finished. I'll take pictures of that to post for you guys too. Now all that's left in the nursery is the floor and the only big item left is a highchair, but we’ve got time to for that.



No comments:

Post a Comment