Thursday, August 13, 2009

What The Doctor Said

I went for my appt at 9am. In general I seem to have a firm grip on what the reality of the situation is until it's time to go to the doctor at which point I have denial and memory loss. I knew the weekend of horrible pressure was a bad sign, even if my water hadn't broken, but I was feeling so much better since Sunday. I've been told since the beginning I was "high risk for preterm labor." I've been on bedrest for over a month with contractions even on the meds and the baby's head down and low since my last appt. So, what did I expect? I don't know, honestly. Maybe just that it was better than I thought or in a fantasy world that everything was great.
Well, after checking me out my OB said I've had "significant cervical changes" and she wants to see me once a week from now on. So, I pretty much went straight from once a month appointments to once a week. I never get to do anything the normal way. She says she can feel the baby's head and between the two I'll never make it to 39weeks. Unfortunately, she simply can't schedule a c-section any earlier than 39 weeks so as a formality it's set for Thursday October 8th. This means there’s almost no shot at a nice calm scheduled c-section. They have to wait for me to go into labor first. Sigh. I wonder why this little girl is in such a hurry. You have to be careful how you reassure yourself because it makes things that were comforting seem far worse than they really are when they happen. For example,” at least I haven't dilated” was a big comfort and then I did. It's really not so bad. At least I'm still home and not riding it out in the hospital. I was so hoping I'd get through August, but the doctor didn't seem optimistic about that at all.
On the plus side I do not have gestational diabetes.

No comments:

Post a Comment