Saturday, August 8, 2009

Pediatrician Interview

So, I got the okay from the OB to escape bed rest for a bit to go to my previously scheduled pediatrician interview. My mother has been a pediatric nurse for 20+yrs so I called her for referrals (she moved out of state almost 2yrs ago). She had a couple suggestions. She reminded me of a resident I met in her office while I was in high school that has had his own practice for 14yrs at this point, Dr. Salomon. How old am I? Anyway, when I called around to make the interview appt alot of offices were impossible to get through to and got crossed right off the list.
From the first phone call I was impressed. I got right through to a friendly, efficient and polite woman and was given a 15min appt to meet the doctor. When I got there I was greeted warmly given some cards so I had all the info and given directions to the ladies room just in case (that's how to take of pregnancy ladies).
Dr. Salomon was friendly and warm. He is the only doctor in the practice with a staff of 5 so everyone knows all the patients. No double booking, no walk ins, separate waiting area for newborns, doctor on call all weekend, phone questions answered within 30min. Dr. Salomon has 3 beautiful kids of his own. He talked to us for over an hour even though it was only supposed to be 15min. I really appreciate him talking the time to answer all of my questions thoroughly.

So, hurray the baby has a doctor!

No comments:

Post a Comment