Sunday, July 5, 2009

Baby Book

I got a very special gift yesterday. The baby book my mother had for me was very unique. It has a beautiful painting on the cover of a stork bringing a little bundle through starry space to the earth. The title is "Welcome to the Planet Earth." The pages are mostly titled and blank with suggestion for what to use them for in the margins. The corners of the pages are decorated with mother and baby animals. It has really interesting milestones to fill in, a diagram of the teeth to fill in the dates they come in, a beautiful family tree and so many other wonderful things. I'm thrilled beyond belief to have it. Especially because I was beginning to think I'd have to settle for some cheesy book with cartoon duckies on it. I think a child parented by Michael I deserves a unique book.
When I initially started searching for this baby book I knew it was a long shot. I mean it was published almost 30yrs ago now. Finding an unused copy of a baby book from 1981 didn't seem too likely. Well, I found it on an out of print book website, but it was way too expensive and I was crushed. So, thank you Ruthie for your persistence and thoughtfulness. It means a lot to me and it will mean alot to the baby one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment