Wednesday, July 15, 2009

"The Easy Way Out"

An article with some interesting comments from male (of course) medical professionals

It really is unfair. I never had the choice of a natural, vaginal birth because of my medical issues and now there's a pretty clear indication that this little one's coming early. I got pregnant knowing it would have to be a c-section delivery and I'm ok with that.
But just like a 1,000 other things, why do people who shouldn't have opinions (aka men, etc) tell you you're wrong and should feel bad for making any other choice? I do feel bad sometimes that I don't have a choice, but in the end I feel that whatever I need to do to survive the delivery in the best possible shape and leave with a healthy baby is my responsibility as a mother.
PS: C-sections are not easy. This is my first baby, but I've had the same surgery to remove a fibroid from my uterus. Anyone man or women who thinks abdominal surgery is a piece of cake needs to try it some time, especially under emergency conditions.
I mean what does that imply? That anyone who can't have an uncomplicated vaginal delivery deserves to hemorrhage or that their baby will never love them? Ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment