Saturday, July 4, 2009

Grandmas


For those of you who don't know my middle name is Nan Nell after my dad's mother. My grandma died in 1977 shortly before my parents met. I don't know alot about her. She raised my father on her own in the 50's so I know she was a tough cookie.
My dad, his wife and I went to visit her grave today. I said "Hello, Grandma you're going to be a great grandma now." I thought it was cool to be able to introduce them.
Maybe it's just the hormones making me sentimental, but it was pretty cool moment to have four generations standing in the same spot. Especially since I never knew her it seemed important to visit her and introduce her to the baby.
Now, my grandma Phyllis, my mother’s mother, hasn't left my side for very long since she passed. She died when I was 3yrs old just before my sister was born. Her love has been a constant in my life and I can tell she's excited for this little one. It brings tears to my eyes to think about how much love will surround this baby. From those of us lucky enough to be here and the generations that have passed.
Maybe one of my greatest gifts to my child is the inheritance of all my guarding angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment