Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Too Many Contractions-Part Two

After almost four hours of sleep we went to my ultrasound appointment to check my left leg for a blood clot. I was feeling shaky and nauseous from the injection and very tired, but at least the contractions had stopped. I went to the hospital with the boys and the ultrasound came back clean, but by the time it was over I was having contractions! My OB is next door to the hospital so we went straight over. I explained what had happened the night before and that I was now having contractions about 10mins apart again. Now I'll tell ya when you're 27wks pregnant and you tell someone you're having contractions they look at you like "sure you are..." So, they hooked me up to a monitor for 20mins. I proceeded to have about 5-6 contractions in 20min (only hours after having the terbutaline injection). They gave me a prescription for precardia pills to stop the contractions and the nurse said "The boys are on their own. Bedrest, bathroom only. Come back Monday."
We went straight to the pharmacy, where the contraction continued, to get my pills. I'm supposed to take them every 8 hours and the nurse assures me they're nothing like the terbutaline. I continued having contractions after taking the first dose, but they slowed a lot. First 20mins apart, then 30 and eventually an hour.
You really never realize how LONG a minute is until you have a contraction. I never did dilate (thank God) and now the goal is to keep that from happening. My mother delivered me at 30wks and I'm really hoping to beat that. I think with bursitis and the swelling I was having the physical pain and severe levels of stress around here did it. I'm hoping the pills, which do make me feel pretty yucky, but nothing like the other stuff, do their thing and everything looks good Monday. Who knows... We are still swapping rooms Saturday (well those who are able) and worst case scenario I'll sit very still in the recliner for my shower next Sat. I am worried about Michael getting everything that needs doing around the house done on top of his work and have pleaded with him to ask for help when he needs it, so some of you may get phone calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment