Thursday, July 9, 2009

Too Many Contractions-Part One

Tuesday (July 7th) at 10:32pm I had a contraction. I had gone over a week with no contractions and when I did have them I had 2-3 an hour for 3 hours at most. I alerted Michael and recorded it and 20min later another and then 10 min later another. Now I was getting concerned. I had noticed earlier that day that I was dying of thirst and suddenly around the same time the contractions started I started peeing every 5mins. I was also feeling a lot of pressure earlier in the day and it was increasing. The contractions continued every ten minutes and I was worried I had a bladder infection, which I knew could cause contractions. At about 1:45am we called Mike's mom to sit with Isaac and left for the hospital.
The contractions were about 10mins apart when we got there, but I had to keep unstrapping the monitors to pee. The nurse agreed that it was most likely an infection, but everything came back clean. The contractions had gone back to 20min apart, but not stopped. At that point they checked and I was not dilated. They gave me an injection of terbutaline to stop the contractions about 4:30am. I was warned it would make my heart pound, but holy cow! It was awful I was shaking so bad I couldn’t stand to go to the bathroom. It was like having a seizure. At 5:00am I'd only had one more contraction so they sent me home.
I wish that was the end, but...

No comments:

Post a Comment